Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What Crafty things have I been doing?

For the past month or two, I have been working slowly on Tiff's place mat set. This set consists of 14 squares each mat made from # 3 thread. The squares are finished all that's left is to put then together. The design is called Christmas place mats, but instead of making them in red and green, I am using the colors to her kitchen, red and black. Also, I won't be putting in the ribbon to make it look like a wrapped package. I decided to fix the slippers, after I take a pic of them, I will be pulling them apart and redoing the soles. I'm also working on a pair of cottage sox, one done and one to go. I'm making myself a granny square coat. This is a pattern I purchased from Maggies Crochet. I am doing it in red, purple, and black chenille. Oh feels so soft. I just joined a group called Swapbot.com seems like a fun thing to do.

I have been reading a lot lately. I have a very mixed genre of books that I like. I love reading books in series. Here is a list of writers and the series that I read:

Laurell K. Hamilton ---------------------------- Marjorie M. Liu
Anita Blake Series ------------------------------Dirk & Steele
Merridith Gentry Series

Kelley Armstrong -------------------------------Lilith Saintcrow
Women of the Otherworld-----------------------Jill Kismet series

Keri Arthur------------------------------------- Kim Harrison
Riley Jenson Guardian series--------------------Rachel Morgan Series

Christeen Feehan--------------------------------Nora Roberts
Dark Series --------------------------------------the Hollow Series
Shadow Walker
Drake Sisters------------------------------------ Rebecca York
Leopard Series-----------------------------------Moon Series

Other Authors
John Sandford, James Patterson, Patricia Cornwell, Sue Grafton

As you can see, I love to read. That's why I belong to paperbackswap.com. I trade books with other readers. I am all caught up on my series that I am constantly searching for new ones to read. So it's safe to say, if I'm not crocheting, I'm reading. :)

Well that's it for an update, gotta go cook dinner for DH.