Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dieting, Crocheting, & Reading

Well, I've been on this diet now for 13 days and I will say at first it was easy. Now it's getting tuff. I mean, I started out so good and gung ho, I was satisfied. I was eating 7 times a day, I know it should be 6, but I don't sleep well and I don't go to bed until 2 or 3 am., then I'm up around 8 or 9. So, I tend to have an extra evening snack. First 5 days was great, and then I got bored with the snacks and got so busy cleaning and such that I forgot to stop and eat. So when I did eat, I was way hungry and nothing would really satisfy me. Before this diet, I was drinking cans of sprite all day long. Now I only have one sprite at dinner time and water all the rest of the time. That's great because sprite has 140 cal. per can, and water will help flush me out. But there are times I really want my can of sprite, and I have to talk myself out of it. I love yogurt, but I am getting tired of it. I'm not much into fruit so that's not much for snacking. I think part of my snacking problem is, I'm not getting anything to sink my teeth in so I don't really feel like I'm eating. I need to find more snacks that are low cal and chewy. LOL. I've lost 8.5 lbs since I went to the doctor and switched from soda to water and am watching my cals and that should be incentive enough, but I don't think so. I want chips and cookies. I know, I know, bad for me. I know that there are sun chips that are not as fattening and low in cals, so I'll pick some up for the real bad cravings and some cookies aren't fattening either so I'll have to get some of them as well. I've kept the cals around 1500-1800 except for one day (I am supposed to eat no more that 1934 per day), and that was St. Patrick's Day. Do you know that one slice of corned beef is 803 cals. my gosh that's almost the total of some of my meals. LOL. And you'd think cabbage that is a veg would be low in cals but no way, damn stuff is fattening. Oh well one bad day out of 13 isn't all that bad.

I can't wait until it warms up so I can start walking. I love to walk and google has a pedometer map so you can map out your miles. Because my knees are so bad, I'm not going to do more than a mile at a time, maybe 3 times a week. Then when I'm feeling like I can do more I'll add more. Don't want to kill myself. LOL I will lose this weight, I am tired of being fat. My BF is going to let me make a copy of her DVD crunch less Abs and she said it's not hard and really helps. So, I see her today when I go to clean her house and I will talk to her about getting the copy this weekend and start using it on Monday.

I have been crocheting like crazy. I have a fridgie swap and I made two awesome fridgies. I will post pics later today in my flickr folder. The first fridgie I did was a crab, and the other is a bunny photo frame. The reason I chose those is that the girl I have as a partner loves crabs and her favorite color is orange so this one is orange and a crab. She is also way into photography and just had a child not too long ago and I thought Easter, and this one seemed perfect. I also have 8 more squares to do and these are pink and light green. I looked around for some different types of patterns to use and make them special. I also have to make 4 bookmarks in a spring Easter design, so I'm thinking about pastels and maybe an Easter egg or two. And I have been finishing up Tiffany's place mat sets, those are coming out awesome. I also am working on a poncho for Miss Tatiana and it's so cute, and easy it will be done this week end. All this and I've read 2 books in 2 days. Damn I'm good. :)

I read Laurell K. Hamilton's, Swallowing Darkness. I just couldn't put it down until I finished it. Then I decided last night to start another book, new writer for me, Blood Magic by Jennifer Lyon, I figured I read last night for a bit and then finish it today. No Way. This book is awesome. I was up until 4 am by the time I finished it. And she has a sequel to it. Can't wait for that to come out. :).

So, in about 45 mins I will be going to my friends to clean and babysit, then I will come home, shower, take a nap (yeah I need one, I'm old), and when I get up, I will crochet some more and download pics to flickr. Then I will go and play pogo. I am a member of pogo so I have to get my badges for the week and today is the day for the new badges to come out. So, I am gonna go have breakfast and get ready for work.

BB for now

No comments: