Friday, September 18, 2009

Crochet, Crochet, and ATC's

so, I have been away for a while. been crocheting like crazy. I found a new past time, I love making ATC's. I like trading them as well, but I think I would like to be greedy and keep mine too. :) I have so much fun making them. I find a topic, or I am told one from swap-bot, and then I research anything and everything to do with the subject. then I just sit and create. I have to admit, I make many changes while creating that I think maybe I'll start making more than one. LOL one as the original idea, and one for the final idea. this way I can see exactly how much difference there is. take a fly over to my flicker pics and check out all that I am making.

I am still into making ami's. just love those little guys & gals. I have to slow down for a bit on swap-bot so that I can get my x-mas stuff done. I've got lots to do, but most of it is small items. this way I am not killing myself rushing to get everything done on time.

My stupid computer got messed up for a while took about a week to fix it, but I lost tons of pics of all the things I've made. one good thing is that I made a lot of it for swap-bot, so I am asking all of my partners to send me pics of what I made them so I can get them back. Speaking of which, I need to ask my BF if she can take a pic of the awesome little dress I made for the baby (who happens to be late). I think she like mama too much and doesn't want to come out. LOL

Hey remember that top I was making way back when? well, I finally finished it. another friend of mine is sewing in a lining for the bust, (they don't want my boobs to show), I could care less. HA HA HA. so I will be taking a pic of that soon. right now my projects are a pair of gemini twin cats - these are half done, 3 skulls - all they need are the eyes, nose & mouth, a shopping bag, 3/4 of the way done, and a nighty 1/2 done. not bad. I need to make 4 pink x-mas ornaments, and I think I'll do them in thread. something classy.

I crochet every day for hours. I enjoy making things, but I need to organize my back room. It has all of my, (well, 90% of my) stuff for crochet and beading. I keep buying yarn cause I can't find any colors. then when I crochet something I go into the back room for something and find the color I couldn't and had to go and buy again. I have way too much yarn. Yeah, right. NOT

I finally painted my office. it is lavender walls with blood red trim. then I painted the furniture, every other piece is blood red, and the other every others are dark purple. looks really cool. Next up it to finish the bathroom. it's gold walls, sage tiles (1/2 way up), and forest green trim. I'm putting in a mural that is a bird bath with fairies, dragonflies, butterflies, & humming birds. then hubby can put in the new floor and ta da, it will be done. at least until I start a new room LOL.

Surgery on my knee is on hold. doc said I'm too fat to have the surgery. so, I am back to trying to lose this weight. I've dropped 12 pounds, and I have started walking. they gave me a new brace that helps with the pain. so, maybe I will lose the weight faster. Haven't quit smoking yet, that will happen as soon as I get my exercise routine down good and strong. about a month, I'd say.

Well, it's 8 time to kick DH upstairs and go watch some tv and crochet.

by til later

1 comment:

A Healthier Me said...

Wow, you're a very busy lady! Congrats on all your great projects, and your weight loss!

Stopping by because you entered my giveaway (http://captiveblog.blogspot.com/2009/11/blog-giveaway-5-personalized-christmas.html) but didn't leave your email address. Wanted to give you the opportunity to get that in, in case you win!