Saturday, February 23, 2008

another shawl bites the dust

Yay!!! I am so excited, another shawl is done. only have 5 more to go. LOL. I took a break today, and went out and adopted a new kitten. It's my first boy as I have always had girls, but he is so cute. He is a heartbreaker. I allowed the grandchildren to name him and they named him after their favorite movie, drumm rolllllll--------------------the movie is, Cinderella. and the cat's name is Lucifer. Yes, I know. All I can think of is the mice saying Lucyfur. LOL. He's great though. Now, I have to find him a sister. I was going to have an all black cat, and an all white cat and name them Ebony and Ivory. But with a 2 1/2 yr old and 5 1/2 yr old around, that was not happening. I did tell the children that they got to name the boy, and it's my turn to name the girl, and I can't do that until I meet her, which I haven't yet. Lucifer is great he has already won over my hubby's heart, which really is not all that easy to do. Hubby likes to think he's this tuff macho man, and he isn't. Lucifer has claimed David, as his. plain and simple. Can't wait to take a picture of him and put him up on the site. You will just fall in love with him.

OK, so I finished another of my afghans and am onto the next. I can do this, 5 more and 64 days to go. It seems like I might be able to do it. but the last pattern, and the next 2 are really simple and quick to make. The next 2 are a little more involved. They are the evening shawl found here; http://www.craftown.com/crochet/pat51.htm I have made this before and it really is beautiful, I made this a really long long time ago, like about 17 years ago. So, the memory isn't quite what it should be. LOL Anyway, I'm off to protect Lucifer from Ashton, and try and work some more on the next shawl.

I will be putting up pictures soon as well as links to make these. I have some things that I have made with my own directions and will put them up as well. I love to get free patterns, and pay for some as well, and I would love to share mine with others of like mind.

Ciao for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Haggatha. I saw the link to your blog at the bottom of one of your messages to the Cauldron of Crafts Yahoo group and decided to drop in. What a lovely shawl pattern! I'll have to email the address to my neice -- she's the crocheter in the family, though she mostly does fillet.

Anonymous said...

Hi Haggatha,
love the blog!
Ellen